I had a problem today when I was trying to schedule a Windows Backup on Windows XP. The user had no password, so when I entered the credentials to run the scheduled task under, I got aÂ 0x8007005 Access Is Denied error.
After some searching I found the solution atÂ forums.support.roxio.com/topic/18334-windowxp-scheduled-task-problems.
- Open regedit (click start, run, type regedit, press enter or click OK), in the left pane tree navigate toÂ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
- Click on that key in the left pane to show its contents in the right pane.
- See if there is a value called limitblankpassworduse
- If it exists, make sure its data is 0 (if not right cdick on it, click modify and set it to 0)
- If it does not exist, right click in the right pane, click new, DWord value, name it limitblankpassworduse
and set its data to 0.
- Close regedit.
After that I was able to schedule the task with no problems, and it ran fine.